Sunday, September 9, 2012

Illustration Friday: Imagination

Hey everyone!
I haven't done and IF in a few weeks due to some other projects that have been taking up my time (to which I will post about soon) but here is my latest piece that I've created. I am not sure where this idea came from, but its my own sort of take on Little Red Riding Hood. What if it was all a game in the wolf's mind and these where just his play things? Or maybe in his reality, people are not more threat than just bugs? Either way, I think this little bad wolf is using his imagination. That is to say if he is bad at all...

I forgot to mention I've been watching all lot of Twin Peaks lately and I think its creeping into my children's books illustration. I'm taking it as a good thing- and perfect company for my Woodland illustrations! Thanks for looking!
jx

10 comments:

Cindy D. said...

Love it! What a great idea. And I love that the fox is in a dapper suit. Twin Peaks would definitely make things a bit stranger!

Tony LaRocca said...

The awesome power!!!!! Great job!

Unknown said...

HaHaHa, naughty... ;-)

Ana M.F. said...

haha, Twin Peaks is always a good thing :)
At least it looks like he just wants to play instead of eating them.
Wonderful work!

Aleksandra Chabros (aka Adelaida) said...

Wicked wolf's mind :) Very nice idea!

Claire Wildish said...

This is so clever. I love his perfectly tailed suit. He looks like a very good little mummy's boy but with lots of naughty bad wolf thoughts swimming around his head. Love it!

k.h.whitaker said...

very cool, love it

Sue Dennen said...

Very mischievous & mysterious. Nice!

Sarah Melling said...

Beautiful...I love his snazzy jacket and tie, and the way that you "grounded" the image with the oval of olive-colored grass.

knallbeige said...

Great illo!