Monday, February 4, 2013

NY Conference: day three!

Hey folks!
I have so much exciting news to share from my last couple of days at the conference!!! I'll have to be brief for now and elaborate later as I am blogging this from bed, which I am currently quarantined to with a terrible flu.

But in more exciting news... Here is my top five from the past day and a half:

5) hanging out with all my SCBWI friends!!!!
4) hearing Julie Andrews say "practically perfect"
3) hearing Mo Willems tell a story about someone crapping in a friends car
3) hearing the inspirational Shaun Tan speak again
2) getting to meet, laugh with, and hug Tomie dePaola!!!
1) getting runner up in the portfolio show!!!!!!

Yes I won! And yes there are two third places- top six just doesn't sound a good!

Okay, off to my sickness...

5 comments:

Sarah Romano Diehl said...

Congrats Jessixa! That looks like a wonderful time. I had recently been introduced to your work via the SCBWI Art Spot, and then heard about your good news at the NY conference. Glad I now follow you!

Liz Wong said...

Congratulations! Very well deserved!

Brooke Boynton-Hughes said...

Wooooot!!!! Congratulations, Jessixa! Your portfolio was wonderful and I'm so proud of you!

Jessixa Bagley said...

You guys are all so sweet! Thanks so much for all the congrats! It really means a lot to me!

Ziyue Chen said...

Congratulations!! I saw you at the conference. It's very nice to see a familiar face when they announced the result! :)