Saturday, February 1, 2014

Done!

Well I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm done with my illustrations for my first picture book "Boats For Papa." I sent off my paintings this week and they arrive safely at Roaring Brook Press (cocooned in tape and bubble wrap)! This has been an incredible experience. I still can hardly believe that it happened. I guess when i get a copy in hand I'll finally believe it. I gathered up my painting test pages when I was cleaning up my book stuff and enjoyed the view! I still think there's more laying around somewhere I overlooked...

This has been an immeasurably rewarding and fulfilling process and I can't wait to get started on the next book! But, I think I've earned the weekend off so I'm heading to the art museum to see some Franz Von Stuck and get a hamburger with Aaron! 

No comments: