Thursday, April 4, 2013

Little Golden Book score!

Hey all!
If you've seen some of my previous posts, I occasionally find a great score of the Little Golden Books. I'm always looking for the classic illustrators usually from the 50's and 60's. I was in great luck to find these treasures at a local antique mall while on a stay-cation with visiting family this week. I picked up some books illustrated by J.P. Miller and Art Seiden, and my favorites: Richard Scarry and Aurelius Battaglia.

Aurelius Battaglia had such a great style and talent for composition. He did some animation for Walt Disney Studios in the 30's and 40's among his other numerous illustrative endeavors. He even made his own animated short "The Invisible Mustache of Raoul Dufy" (which I couldn't help but hunting down on the Internet and buying many years ago). I really love the quiet depth to his work and his exciting unique style. Its so fun yet subtly sophisticated and full of fine art painting and design qualities. It's always a thrill to come across his work in books, and nearly impossible for me to pass up buying. So look him and up become a fan!




No comments: